We are a small company, founded by a couple – half British, half Icelandic, with an aim to make high quality candles that are natural, vegan-friendly and good for the environment. Our candles are inspired by the nature and beauty of Iceland. FOSS means waterfall in Icelandic and we hope all our scents transport you to the lava fields, waterfalls or glaciers of Iceland… whilst staying cosy indoors!
We are very proud to say that each and every one of our Soy Wax Candles are 100% hand-made by us using only the best quality, natural ingredients in our studio in Lancaster. Our lightly scented, long-lasting candles contain only 100% natural vegan and eco-friendly soy wax that is then combined with a unique blend of the highest-quality fragrances and essential oils.
We hope you love our candles as much as we do. Find us on Instagram @fosscandles and tag us in your photos so we can see our candles in action!
Why Soy Wax?
Soy wax allows for a slower, more sustainable burn that lasts longer than traditional petroleum based paraffin candles and without all the chemical nasties and black soot – they’re much friendlier to ourselves, our houses and the environment.
Are the candles suitable for vegans?
Yes! We use natural plant soy wax and all of our ingredients are not tested on animals and are completely paraben free.
How can I recycle the jars?
We love seeing customers using our glass jars for different things once the candle has burned – from a beautiful pen pot, to being re-used with a tea light…or even as a mini flower pot! To re-use your jar, either wash out the remaining wax with hot, soapy water, or try freezing the jar and the wax should be removed easier.
Candle Safety Tips
Ensuring the safe and proper use of our candles is our number one priority and we advise you follow the below steps.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. The container may become hot to touch please take care. Do not move a burning candle.
- Never burn a candle for longer than 4 hours at a time
- Burn candle out of reach of children and pets
- Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles
- Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire
- Do not place candles in a draught
- Trim wick to 5mm before lighting
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. We recommend leaving 5mm of wax in the container